The Best Homemade Pumpkin Bread
This Best Homemade Pumpkin Bread is a classic family recipe that never disappoints. If you are looking for easy-to-make, moist, and delicious pumpkin bread your search is over!
Pumpkin Bread reminds us of our mom. It might be because Mom made this particular recipe so often when we were kids or maybe it is because this was one of the first recipes that she taught us how to bake. The best part of this Pumpkin Bread recipe is how pumpkin-y it is. You use a whole can of pumpkin so it is also super moist and delicious and has a rich pumpkin flavor. It is a classic for a reason and we highly recommend this one next time you need a special treat for your family.
How to Make the Batter
Step 1: Add the flour, baking soda, and spices to a bowl.
Step 2: Whisk them together until they are fully combined and set aside.
Step 3: In a second mixing bowl, add the Brown Sugar, Eggs, Oil, and Pumpkin and mix until combined.
Step 4: Pour the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture and thoroughly mix.
A Note About Loaf Pans
Step 5: A note about loaf pans. This recipe calls for a 9 x 5″ loaf pan. But as you can see in the image above, not all 9×5″ pans are equal. If your 9×5″ pan has a small base you will have enough batter for two loaves. If you have a 9×5″ loaf pan with a larger base you will have enough batter for a single loaf of Pumpkin Bread.
Step 6: Bake the bread in a 350-degree pre-heated oven for 50-60 minutes. For us, using the bigger loaf pan it baked for 60 minutes. You can check the doneness level by poking the loaf with a wooden toothpick. If it comes out clean, the bread is ready to come out of the oven.
Step 7: Allow the bread to cool. Then try some! This really is The Best Homemade Pumpkin Bread we’ve ever tasted and that’s not just because this is the recipe we grew up eating! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Other Sweet Bread Recipes You Will Love
- 1 1/2 cups Dark Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 can (15 oz.) Pumpkin (just over 1 1/2 cups)
- 2/3 cups Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Large 9x5" Loaf Pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar, canned pumpkin, oil, eggs, and water in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and all of the spices. Mix until combined.
- Stir dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until combined.
- Grease a large 9x5" loaf pan.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.